About free and Pro themes in Bear
We design bear to be a comfortable, beautiful place to write and collect notes. But because everyone likes to write a little differently, we include a growing selection of themes that change the mood and color of Bear’s text, styling, and background.
Some Bear themes are inspired by or based on the work of designers in the industry. Scroll down a bit to find credit and shoutouts to the muses for those themes.
Bear offers a few themes for free. These should get most users started with the idea of changing Bear to suit the writing mood:
- Red Graphite
- High Contrast
- Dark Graphite (this goes great with Dark Mode on macOS!)
You can subscribe to Bear Pro to unlock over a dozen more themes, with more on the way. These include dark, light, and various color themes to fit all kinds of writing moods. There is also Dieci—Italian for “ten”—designed specifically for the iPhone X line and their unique, deep-black OLED displays.
The Shiny Frog team would like to thank the following designers and developers for inspiring some of our theme designs:
- Solarized Light and Dark -> Ethan Schoonover
- Panic Mode -> An homage to Panic’s Coda theme
- Gotham -> Vasilij Schneidermann
- Dracula -> Zeno Rocha
- Toothpaste -> Cat Noone
- Cobalt -> Wes Bos
- Duotone Light + Snow -> Simurai
- Ayu + Ayu Mirage -> Ike Ku
- Duotone Heat -> Bram de Haan
- Nord -> Sven Greb
- Lighthaus -> Adhiraj Sirohi & Vasundhara Sharma
- Dieci, Gandalf, Olive Dunk and D.Boring -> Shiny Frog